Oily fish including salmon, tuna, sardines, etc. are chock full of Omega 3 Fats and Vitamin D! Studies have shown that adults who ate fish twice a week had a 42% lower chance of facing age-related hearing loss than non-fish eaters. In the recipe below, the chili powder will also act as a circulatory stimulant further enhancing hearing.
Sweet and Savory Salmon
(a Nurture Your Family Recipe)
- 5-6 oz of salmon per person
- Chili Powder
- Brown Sugar
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Oil or cooking spray
- Let fish sit out at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle chili powder on each piece. Add 1-2 tsp. of brown sugar per filet using the back of the spoon to press into the fish.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray or oil.
- Cook skin-side up for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, skin side down for 90 seconds to 2 minutes, and on each of the sides for 30-60 seconds**.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes.
**Cooking times vary depending on the thickness of the cut; the internal temperature should reach at least 140 degrees.